This English wood chess set is simply gorgeous! Includes storage
space for the weighted and hand polished Kari and Sheesham wood
chessmen. The beauty and fine craftsmanship of this set will be enjoyed
for generations! Modern chess was invented in Europe, based on an Arabic
game (Shatranj) that was based on an Indian game (Chaturanga). During
the Middle Ages it spread across Europe and evolved into the game we
know and love today. Chess is a game of infinite variations and possibly
the most challenging strategy game ever created, it has lasted through
the centuries and is played in every corner of the world.
- English Staunton style chess pieces are weighted & handpolished – crafted from sheesham & kari wood
- King measures 3.5 in. with 1.63 in. diameter base – pieces collectively weigh 2.4 lbs.
- Beautiful wooden board holds the pieces inside with antique style latch closure
- Board measures 17.43 x 17.43 x 2.5 in. with 1.75 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms