Red Sandalwood Ultimate Chess pieces – 3.7” King
Ultimate Chess Set - Red Sandalwood/Boxwood - 3.70" King
Ultimate chess set has a long and storied history. First brought about
by Dewain R. Barber and Jay Blem to
give the market a sturdy, reliable set that would not break the bank.
Heavy and durable, this set became the ionic chess set here in the
We took the set from a 3 5/8" King to a 3.70" king. Since we could not use the lead weights anymore we widened the
base a little to keep the weight up. At 3.527 lbs, it is one of the heaviest wood sets for its size on the market
We took out Ultimate Chess pieces to our factory in India and had them turn an exact copy of the pieces. These are
some of the heaviest wood chess pieces out there for the size.
- Traditional Staunton style chess pieces
- Fits perfectly on a 2.25" square board
- 3.70" king. USCF and FIDE tournament regulation size
- Pieces are kiln dried Acacia (Dark) and Boxwood (Light) pieces
- Pieces are handpolished & weighted for better stability during play
- Weighs in at 3.527 lbs!
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms.